- "Att bevilja ett undantag i det här fallet skulle skapa en överdriven påfrestning"
- "Ett DNA-test i hans fall visade sig oanvändbart"
- "Rättstjänaren i fallet kommer att vara i rätten"
- "Ett studium av ett extremt fall"
- "Hur som helst är jag glad att DVD-skivorna kommit ut"
- "Vad fallet än kan vara"
- "Så är helt enkelt inte fallet"
- case [ juridik ]
descend in free fall under the influence of gravity
- "The unfortunate hiker fell into a crevasse"
- "The branch fell from the tree"
pass suddenly and passively into a state of body or mind
- "Fall in love"
- "They fell out of favor"
- "She fell ill"
- "fall into a trap"
come under, be classified or included
- "fall into a category"
- passa in i
suffer defeat, failure, or ruin
- "We must stand or fall"
- gå under
die, as in battle or in a hunt
- "Several deer have fallen to the same gun"
- "Many soldiers fell at Verdun"
touch or seem as if touching
- "The light struck the golden necklace"
- "Light fell on her face"
- falla på
- "The cities fell to the enemy"
occur at a specified time or place
- "The accent falls on the first syllable"
- "Christmas falls on a Monday this year"
yield to temptation or sin "Adam and Eve fell"
lose office or power
- "The Qing Dynasty fell with Sun Yat-sen"
- "The government fell overnight"
to be given by assignment or distribution
- "The most difficult task fell on the youngest member of the team"
move in a specified direction
- "The line of men fall forward"
- kasta sig
- "payments fall on the 1st of the month"
- förfalla [ ekonomi ]
lose one's chastity
- "a fallen woman"
to be given by right or inheritance fall to somebody by assignment or lot: "The task fell to me"
- "It fell to me to notify the parents of the victims"
- "The estate fell to the oldest daughter"
be inherited by; The estate devolved to an heir that everybody had assumed to be dead"
- "The estate fell to my sister"
lose an upright position suddenly
- "The vase fell over and the water spilled onto the table"
drop oneself to a lower or less erect position
- "She fell back in her chair"
- sjunka ihop
assume a disappointed or sad expression
- "Her face fell when she heard that she would be laid off"
be cast down
- "his eyes fell"
come out; issue
- "silly phrases fell from her mouth"
be born, used chiefly of lambs: "The lambs fell in the afternoon"
- "The prisoners fell to work right away"
go as if by falling; "Grief fell from our hearts
come as if by falling
- "Night fell"
having dropped by the force of gravity
- "sat on a fallen tree trunk"
- "fallen leaves covered the forest floor"
having fallen in or collapsed
- "a fallen building"
having lost your chastity
- "a fallen hero"