populärmusik ca 1930–45
- swing [ dans ]
a sweeping blow or stroke
- "he took a wild swing at my head"
- sving [ sport ]
a style of jazz played by big bands popular in the 1930s; flowing rhythms but less complex than later styles of jazz
- swing [ musik ]
move in a curve
- "He swung his left fist"
move or walk in a swinging or swaying manner
- "He swung back"
change direction with a swinging motion; turn
- "swing forward"
- "swing back"
- "This action swung many votes over to his side"
make a big sweeping gesture or movement
hit or aim at with a sweeping arm movement
- "The soccer player began to swing at the referee"
change drastically "his mood swings"
- "the market is swinging up and down"
live in a lively, modern, and relaxed style
- "The Woodstock generation attempted to swing freely"
be a social swinger; socialize a lot