a promised or claimed share of loot or money
- "he demanded his split before they disbanded"
a lengthwise crack in wood
- "he inserted the wedge into a split in the log"
a dessert of sliced fruit and ice cream covered with whipped cream and cherries and nuts
- "she ordered a Banana Split with lots of extra chocolate syrup"
(tenpin bowling) a divided formation of pins left standing after the first bowl
- "he was winning until he got a split in the tenth frame"
an increase in the number of outstanding shares of a corporation without changing the shareholders' equity
- "they announced a two-for-one split of the common stock"
being divided or separated broken or burst apart longitudinally (especially of wood) cut or ripped longitudinally with the grain
- "after the thunderstorm we found a tree with a split trunk"
- "split between love and hate"
- "we bought split logs for the fireplace"
- "they tore big juicy chunks from the heart of the split watermelon"