a sudden sharp noise
- "he heard the cracking of the ice"
- "the crack of a whip"
- "He opened the window a crack"
a mark left after a small piece has been chopped or broken off of something
a purified and potent form of cocaine that is smoked rather than snorted
- [ medicin ]
a usually brief attempt
- "he took a crack at it"
break partially but keep its integrity
- "The glass cracked"
hit forcefully; deal a hard blow, making a cracking noise:
- ""The teacher cracked him across the face with a ruler""
cause to become cracked
- "heat and light cracked the back of the leather chair"
become fractured; break or crack on the surface only
- "The glass cracked when it was heated"