The act of disturbing the mind or body
- "Everyone gets stomach upsets from time to time"
- "She didn't realize the upset she caused me"
The act of upsetting something
- "He was badly bruised by the upset of his sled at a high speed"
- "His carelessness could have caused an ecological upset"
disturb the balance or stability of
- "The hostile talks upset the peaceful relations between the two countries"
defeat suddenly and unexpectedly
- "The foreign team upset the local team"
- "too upset to say anything"
- "with everything so upset"
- "the upset pitcher of milk"
mildly physically distressed
- "an upset stomach"