make a strident sound
- "She tended to blast when speaking into a microphone"
use explosives on
- "The enemy has been blasting us all day."
- "They blasted the mine yesterday."
- "We were blasted with heat as we entered the store."
- "Bonds blasted a three-run homer."
- slå hårt
Assign blame harshly.
- "He blasted the employee for his incompetence."
- skälla ut
- "I blasted away at the car but couldn't get a clear shot."
- dra iväg
Shrivel, wither, or mature imperfectly, as of a flower
- "Ethylene has caused the buds to blast before they open up."
- slå ut [ botanik ]