- swimming bath
allmänt, mest omfattande betydelsen
- "De bad om pengar"
- "Jag bad dig att lämna huset"
- "Be någon komma på middag"
bedja i religion; även hövlighetsuttryck: jag ber, var så god
- "Han knäföll och bad"
- "Jag bad till Gud att hon skulle sparas"
- pray [ religion ]
- [ religion ]
be enträget, be om
- "Be om en tjänst av någon"
- "Be om barmhärtighet"
- "Be en kvinna om hennes hand"
- "Be om fred"
bönfalla, be enträget
- "Jag ber er att inte göra det"
- "Hon bad sina föräldrar att inte skicka iväg henne"
vädja, be enträget
- "Vi bad dig om pengar för att bygga ett nytt sjukhus"
That which is below standard or expectations as of ethics or decency.
- "take the bad with the good"
- det onda
- "The plumber made a very bad job"
- "She was sent home from school for bad behaviour"
- [ skämtsamt ]
- "It's not half bad!"
- "It smells bad"
descr. someone or something that is evil or harmful
- "He has his faults but he's not a bad person"
descr. the gravity of a certain process or course of events
- "She has a bad cold"
- "He comitted a bad crime"
e.g. counterfeit money
- "She tried to give me a bad coin"
(of foodstuffs) not in an edible or usable condition
- "Please don't throw bad eggs or tomatoes at me"
- "the store sold bad meat, which caused several cases of food poisoning"
descr. something that can harm you either physically or mentally
- "Smoking is bad for your health"
descr. someone or something totally corrupt and depraved
- "She loved him and refused to believe he was completely bad"
not financially safe or secure
- "The bank's bad loans continued to increase"
- "a bad investment"
- "high risk investments"
- osäker [ ekonomi ]
in the sense "not valid"
- "What happens after a bad claim?"
- "Peter sells a bad car and Ken gives him a bad cheque"
- "a bad headache"
- "had a big (or bad) shock"
- "a bad earthquake"
- "a bad storm"
feeling physical discomfort or pain; ('tough' is occasionally used colloquially for `bad' as in "he was feeling tough after a restless night")
- "my throat feels bad"
- "she felt bad all over"
keenly sorry or regretful
- "felt bad about letting the team down"
- "was sorry that she had treated him so badly"
- "felt bad about breaking the vase"
characterized by wickedness or immorality
- "ha had led a very bad life"
- "the buildings were badly shaken"
- "I wanted it badly enough to work hard for it"
- "the injury hurt badly"
- "he wants a bicycle so bad he can taste it"
- "they were badly in need of help"
- "the cables had sagged badly"