- "he wanted to cure the ills of all mankind"
not in good physical or mental health
- "ill from the monotony of his suffering"
- sjuk [ medicin ]
resulting in suffering or adversity
- "it's an ill wind that blows no good"
- "ill effects"
- "of ill repute"
- "ill manners"
- dålig [ vardagligt ]
(`ill' is often used as a combining form) in a poor or improper or unsatisfactory manner; not well
- "an ill-conceived plan"
- "ill-fitting clothes"
- "it ill befits a man to betray old friends"
- "he was ill prepared"
unfavorably or with disapproval
- "tried not to speak ill of the dead"