(informal) a single chance or instance
- "he couldn't afford $50 a throw"
- [ vardagligt ]
the act of throwing (propelling something through the air with a rapid movement of the arm and wrist) the throwing of an object in order to determine an outcome randomly the maximum movement available to a pivoted or reciprocating piece by a cam
- "he risked his fortune on a throw of the dice"
- "the catcher made a good throw to second base"
the distance that something can be thrown
- "it is just a stone's throw from here"
project through the air
- "throw a frisbee"
- "throw accusations at someone"
- "hold a reception," "have, throw, or make a party", "give a course , etc."
- "Throw a glance"
move violently, energetically, or carelessly
- "She threw herself forwards"
place with great energy
- "She threw the blanket around the child"
to put into a state or activity hastily, suddenly, or carelessly
- "Jane threw dinner together"
- ställa till med
- "throw silk"
make on a potter's wheel; of pottery
- dreja [ teknik ]
cause to fall off
- "The horse threw its unexperienced rider"
- kasta av