(computer science) a device that writes data onto or reads data from a storage medium
- enhet [ data ]
hitting a golf ball off of a tee with a driver a hard straight return (as in tennis or squash)
- "He sliced his drive out of bounds"
a mechanism by which force or power is transmitted in a machine
- "His new car had had four-wheel drive"
- "a variable speed drive permitted operation through a range of speeds"
- drift [ teknik ]
the trait of being highly motivated
- "his drive and energy exhausted his co-workers"
- energi [ bildligt, vardagligt ]
the act of applying force to propel something
- "after reaching the desired velocity the drive is cut off"
- "This machine is driven by steam"
- "The enemy was driven out of the country"
cause someone or something to move by driving
- "She drove me to school every day"
- "We drove the car to the garage"
- skjutsa [ samfärdsel ]
to compel or force or urge relentlessly or exert coercive pressure on
- "She is driven by her passion"
compel somebody to do something, often against his own will or judgment
- "She finally drove him to change jobs"
push or propel
- "Drive the cows into the stable"
cause to move rapidly by striking or throwing with force
- "drive the ball far out into the field"
have certain properties when driven
- "My new truck drives well"
- [ fordon ]
strike (the ball) with a driver, as in teeing off; in golf
hit (a ball) very hard and straight, as (in cricket) with the bat swinging more or less vertically
excavate horizontally, in mining
cause to function
- "The amplifier drives the tube"
search (an area) for game
chase (game) from cover into more open ground