- "the grounds for their declaration"
i betydelsen "vinna mark"
- "they fought to regain the lost ground"
- "they gained ground step by step"
[ militärväsen ]
- "he dropped the logs on the ground"
amerikansk engelska elektricitet elektronik
a connection between an electrical device and the earth (which is a zero voltage)
(art) the surface (as a wall or canvas) prepared to take the paint for a painting
instruct someone in the fundamentals of a subject
To ground a child means to punish them by not allowing them to go out with their friends for a determined time.
- "That´s enough! You´re grounded for the rest of the week!"
confine or restrict to the ground
- "After the accident, they grounded the plane and the pilot"
bring to the ground, as of vessels
connect to a ground, of electrical connections for safety reasons
[ elektricitet ]
dance by rotating the pelvis in an erotically suggestive way
reduce to small pieces or particles by pounding or abrading
- "grind the spices in a mortar"