a planned activity involving many people performing various actions:
- "consolidate the companies various operations"
- "running a restaurant is quite an operation"
a therapeutic procedure with instruments to repair damage or arrest disease in a living body
- "they will schedule the operation as soon as an operating room is available"
a process or series of acts especially of a practical or mechanical nature involved in a particular form of work:
- ""the operations in building a house""
- "certain machine tool operations"
(mathematics) calculation by mathematical methods; "the problems at the end of the chapter demonstrated the mathematical processes involved in the derivation
- "they were learning the basic operations of arithmetic"
- matematisk operation
(psychology) the performance of some composite cognitive activity; an operation that affects mental contents
- kognitiv process
a military or naval action (as a maneuver or campaign)
- "it was a joint operation of the navy and air force"
- [ militärväsen ]
(computer science) data processing in which the result is completely specified by a rule (especially the processing that results from a single instruction)
- "it can perform millions of operations per second"
the state of being in effect or being operative
- "that rule is no longer in operation"
- i verksamhet
a business especially one run on a large scale: "a large-scale farming operation"; they paid taxes on every stage of the operation"
- "they had to consolidate their operations"
- "a multinational operation"
- företag [ ekonomi ]
- [ förkortning, data ]