a place within a region identified relative to a center or reference location
- "he never left my side"
- "they always sat on the right side of the church"
- "the house was built on the side of the mountain"
an aspect of something (as contrasted with some other implied aspect)
- "it brought out his better side"
- "he is on the purchasing side of the business"
- "he was on the heavy side"
å ena sidan ... å andra sidan ("sett från en synpunkt ... set från en annan synpunkt")
- "there are two sides to every question"
en av två eller fler tävlande grupper ( i spel, kring eller politik)
- "the Confederate side was prepared to attack"
- [ ALLMÄNT ]
a surface forming part of the outside of an object
- "he examined all sides of the crystal"
a family line of descent
- "he gets his brains from his father's side"
antingen höger eller vänster kroppshalva (människa eller djur)
- "he had a pain in his side"
- kroppsdel [ anatomi ]
a line segment forming part of the perimeter of a plane figure
- "the hypotenuse of a right triangle is always the longest side"