an average of n numbers computed by adding some function of the numbers and dividing by some function of n
- [ matematik ]
denote or connote
- "What does signify mean in Swedish?"
- "`maison' means `house' in French"
- "An example sentence would show what this word means"
- "What does all this noise mean?"
have a specified degree of importance
- "Happiness means everything"
- "My ex-husband means nothing to me"
- "something essentially vulgar and meanspirited in politics"
- "taking a mean advantage"
- "the mean annual rainfall"
- "chok'd with ambition of the meaner sort - Shakespeare"
- "a mean hut"