soft fine feathers
a complete play to advance the football
- "you have 4 downs to gain 10 yards"
To drink or swallow, especially without stopping before the vessel containing the liquid is empty.
- "He downed three martinis before dinner"
shoot at and force to come down; of aircraft
- skjuta ner
being or moving lower in position or less in some value
- "the stock market is down today"
- "down by a pawn"
- "our team is down by a run"
- "the moon is down"
- "lay face down"
- "we can't work because the computer is down"
the fractional price paid in cash at time of purchase
- "a payment of $200 down"
- "the down payment"
spatially or metaphorically from a higher to a lower level or position
- "prices plunged downward"
- "rode the lift up and skied down"
away from a more central or a more northerly place
- "flew down to Flordia"
- "came down for the wedding"
- "was sent down to work at the regional office"
- "worked down on the farm"
to a lower intensity
- "he slowly phased down the light until the stage was completely black"