join for the purpose of communication
- "Operator, could you connect me to the Raffles in Singapore?"
- "Connect the TV so we can watch the football game tonight"
- "did you finally connect with your long-lost cousin?"
- "I cannot connect these two pieces of evidence in my mind"
connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces
- "Can you connect the two loudspeakers?" "Tie the ropes together"
- koppla ihop
be scheduled so as to provide continuing service, as in transportation:
- ""The local train does not connect with the Amtrak train""
- "The planes don't connect and you will have to wait for four hours"
be or become joined or united or linked
- "The two streets connect to become a highway"
land on or hit solidly:
- ""The brick connected on her head, knocking her out""
- träffa hårt
establish a rapport or relationship
- "The President of this university really connects with the faculty"
- hänga samman
hit or play a ball successfully
- "The batter connected for a home run"
joined or linked together
wired together to an alarm system
- "All the window alarms are connected"