(geometry) a plane rectangle with four equal sides and four right angles; a four-sided regular polygon
- "you can compute the area of a square if you know the length of its sides"
the product of two equal terms
- "gravity is inversely proportional to the square of the distance"
- kvadrat [ matematik ]
(informal) A socially conventional person; typically associated with the 1950s
- tråkmåns [ vardagligt ]
a tool consisting of two straight arms at right angles; used to construct or test right angles
- "the carpenter who built this room must have lost his square"
- vinkelhake [ snickeri ]
- "square the wood with a file"
- "Square the circle"
- göra kvadratisk
multiply a number with itself
cause to match, as of ideas or acts be compatible with
- "one idea squares with another"
- göra kompatibel
to bring approximately to a right angle
- "He squared his shoulders"
- räta ut
- "ran square into me"
- "planted his great bulk square before his enemy"
- "always treated me square"
- "folded the sheet of paper square"