- "take some food"
- "Take a cookie!""
- "the car takes five people"
take into one's possession
- "We are taking an orphan from Romania"
- "I'll take three salmon steaks"
- ta med sig
- "He was taken ill"
- "take a liking in"
take by force
- "Hitler took the Baltic Republics"
- "The army took the fort on the hill"
- [ militärväsen ]
- "The bishop took the service"
- "He take notes"
- "He was taken by the police"
- "take shelter from the storm"
have sex with; archaic use
- "He had taken this woman when she was most vulnerable"
- ligga med
obtain by winning: "Winner takes all"
- "He took first prize"
- [ vardagligt ]
having possession gained especially by force or effort
be affected with an indisposition
- "couldn't tell when he would be taken drunk"
- "the child was taken ill"