- "the right-hand rule for inductive fields"
- "violence is the rule not the exception"
- [ bildligt ]
a principle or condition that customarily governs behavior
- "it was his rule to take a walk before breakfast"
a rule describing (or prescribing) a linguistic practice
- [ lingvistik ]
the duration of a monarch's or government's power
- "the rule of Caesar"
- "during the rule of Elizabeth"
- styre [ politik ]
- [ politik ]
directions that define the way a game or sport is to be conducted
- "he knew the rules of chess"
(mathematics) a standard procedure for solving a class of problems
- "he determined the upper bound with Descartes' rule of signs"
a strip of wood or metal or plastic with a straight edge that is used for drawing straight lines and measuring lengths
- tumstock [ teknik, snickeri ]
mark or draw with a ruler; of margins