the beginning of anything
- "it was off to a good start"
- start [ vardagligt ]
a turn to be in a game at the beginning
- "he got his start because the regular quarterback was in the hospital"
- "he missed his starting turn because of an injury"
- startplats [ sport ]
advantage gained by an early start as in a race.
- ""with an hour's start he will be hard to catch""
- "to wake with a start"
begin or set in motion
- "Prices for these homes start at $250,000"
- "The U.S. started a war in the Middle East"
- "Who will start?"
- "I start at eight in the morning"
set about somebody
- ge sig på
get going or set in motion
- "We simply could not start the engine"
begin work or acting in a certain capacity, office or job
- "start a new job"