sound recording consisting of a disk with a continuous groove
a document that can serve as legal evidence of a transaction
- "they could find no record of the purchase"
a list of crimes for which an accused person has been previously convicted
- "The ruled that the criminal record of the defendant could not be disclosed to the court"
- straffregister [ polisväsende ]
a compilation of the known facts regarding something or someone
- "Al Smith used to say, `Let's look at the record'"
the number of wins versus losses and ties a team has had
- "at 9-0 they have the best record in their league"
anything (such as a document or a phonograph record or a photograph) providing permanent evidence of or information about past events
- "the film provided a valuable record of stage techniques"
- [ musik ]
the sum of recognized accomplishments
- "the lawyer has a good record"