a piece of furniture having a smooth flat top supported by one or more vertical legs; a piece of furniture with tableware for a meal laid out on it; a company of people assembled at a table for a meal or game
- "He was at the table"
- "he entertained the whole table with his witty remarks"
- "I reserved a table at my favorite restaurant"
- "it was a sturdy table"
- "He lays the table for lunch"
- "she sets a fine table"
- "He cleared the table"
- "He got money under the table"
a set of data arranged in rows and columns
- "see table 1"
- "a multiplication table"
- tabell [ matematik ]
- "table of contents"
- "a table of heroes"
- "The table mountain is Cape Towns's premier tourist attraction"
- platå [ geologi ]
- "We found a stone table right at the water's edge"
- "table of programs"