a living organism lacking the power of locomotion
buildings for carrying on industrial labor
- "they built a large plant to manufacture automobiles"
- fabrik [ ekonomi och näringsväsen, stadsmiljö ]
Something planted secretly for discovery by another
- "He claimed that the evidence against him was a plant"
- "The police used a plant to trick the thieves"
An actor situated in the audience whose acting is rehearsed but seems spontaneous to the audience
implant in the mind
- "Plant a thought in the students' minds"
put or set (seeds or seedlings) into the ground
- "Let's plant flowers in the garden"