- "The device facilitates breathing in cases of respiratory failure"
- [ ALLMÄNT ]
- "The play is full of devices and constructs that never fully get into a satisfying whole"
an emblematic design (especially in heraldry)
- "He was recognized by the device on the shield"
- "They used a special device that combined fission and fusion"
- aggregat [ teknik ]
- "It is just a device to avoid discussion"
any clever (deceptive) maneuver
- "he would stoop to any device to win a point"
- "It was a strange device, shaped like a large egg"
an instrumentality invented for a particular purpose
- "a device intended to conserve water"
- "the device is small enough to wear on your wrist"
- "The device is small enough to wear on your wrist"
- "Here I describe a little electronic device that detects snoring"
something in an artistic work designed to achieve a particular effect
- figur [ kultur ]
any ornamental pattern or design (as in embroidery)