- long and light rowing boat, especially for racing
- light ship's boat; often for the personal use of the captain
- a cluster of hooks (without barbs) that is drawn through a school of fish to hook their bodies; used when fish are not biting
- a spearlike device with a long, thick handle, used for spearing fish and frogs.
- ljuster [ fiske ]
a single professional engagement, usually of short duration, for any profession, but frequently used in reference to musicians
- "Jim got a teaching gig out west, so he'll be moving at the end of the term."
- "Springsteen's first gig was probably in New Jersey"
small two-wheeled horse-drawn carriage; with two seats and no hood
- vagn [ fordon ]
to work as a musician, esp. in a single engagement
- "He played bass guitar in those days, and gigged with some of the biggest names."
- spela en konsert [ musik ]