En lokal där alkoholhaltiga drycker serveras över disk
- "Han har dränkt sina sorger i whiskey i baren"
En lokal där enklare mat serveras
- "Hon åt pyttipanna i baren"
- "En mild bris bar fram vårens alla lukter"
- "Han bar ett gevär över axeln"
a rail separating the spectators from the athletes
- "Spectators were not allowed inside the bar"
- "It appears as a black bar on a white background"
- "Once in the air, the jumper must get his whole body over the bar"
- hoppribba [ sport ]
- "A crossbar forced them to stop at the entrance"
- bom [ sport ]
(law) a railing that encloses the part of the courtroom where the the judges and lawyers sit and the case is tried
- "At the age of twelve he appeared at the bar of the House of Commons and pleaded for his father"
- skrank [ juridik ]
usually metal placed in windows to prevent escape
- "That night behind prison bars I met God..."
- "I sat at the bar, chatting with the lovely female bartender"
- "Let's have a drink at the bar"
- bar [ dryck ]
- "To link two notes between bars, I use the Enter key on the keypad"
- taktstreck [ musik ]
- "We could hear the opening bars of the sonata in the background"
- takt [ musik ]
- "Don't let that be a bar to happiness"
a smaller piece of candy
- "Do you want a bar of chocolate?"
- bit [ mat ]
a unit of pressure equal to a million dynes per square centimeter
- "the pressure was 200 Bars"
secure with, or as if with, bars prevent from entering; keep out
- "He was barred from membership in the club"
- "He barred the door"
- "barricade the streets"