a strong positive emotion of regard and affection
- "children need a lot of love"
- "his love for his work"
- "he hadn't had any love in months"
- "his lovemaking disgusted her"
- "I met the love of my life in Italy"
- "declaration of love"
- "love is blind"
- "The game now stands at forty-love"
- "From Venice with love"
- "What have you done, my love?"
any object of warm affection or devotion
- "the theater was her first love" or "he has a passion for cock fighting"
a deep feeling of sexual desire and attraction
- "she was his first love"
- "their love left them indifferent to their surroundings"
a score of zero in tennis or squash
- "it was 40 love"
have a great affection or liking for be enamored or in love with
- "I love you, and I always will!"
- "She loves her husband deeply"
- "She loves her boss and works hard for him"
- "I love French food"
have sexual intercourse with
- "This student makes love with everyone in her dorm"