the reason or the source of an event or action
- "they are trying to determine the cause of the crash"
- "The direct cause of the dispute"
- "A direct cause of deforestation"
- "The doctor's report gave no cause for alarm"
- "There is no cause for complaint"
- "Lightning strikes that caused damage from January 1993 to December 1995"
- anställa [ bildligt ]
- "What caused her to change her mind?"
- "But they always caused him a great deal of embarrassment shortly after eating them"
- rendera [ ekonomi ]
- "It will cause him damage"