- "the Department of State was created in 1789"
describing something in terms of value, stadium or rank
- "he was in a terrible state after the accident"
- "he was in such a state you just couldn't reason with him"
the group of people comprising the government of a sovereign state
- "the state has lowered its income tax"
- stat [ politik ]
avseende nation, geografiskt och politiskt
- "the states of Europe are much older than USA"
beskriver vilken form någonting uppträder eller befinner sig i
- "the most familiar states of matter are solids, liquids, and gases"