- "a surgeon's job is the saving of lives"
- "there was a saving of 50 cents"
To help (somebody) to survive, or keep (somebody) from harm.
- "We pulled through most of the victims of the bomb attack"
to keep up and reserve for personal or special use: "save something in case you hit trouble."
spend less; buy at a reduced price make unnecessary an expenditure or effort avoid the spending or waste of
- "This move will save money"
- "This will save you a lot of time"
- "I'll save you the trouble"
- "This will save money"
characterized by thriftiness
- "wealthy by inheritance but saving by constitution - Ellen Glasgow"