the act of preventing the opposition from scoring (in sports): "the goalie made a brilliant save"
- "the relief pitcher got credit for a save"
To help (somebody) to survive, or keep (somebody) from harm.
- "We pulled through most of the victims of the bomb attack"
to keep up and reserve for personal or special use: "save something in case you hit trouble."
spend less; buy at a reduced price make unnecessary an expenditure or effort avoid the spending or waste of
- "This move will save money"
- "This will save you a lot of time"
- "I'll save you the trouble"
- "This will save money"