one of a series of ridges that moves across the surface of a liquid (especially across a large body of water)
- "a wave of settlers"
- "troops advancing in waves"
- "a wave of emotion swept over him"
- "there was a sudden wave of buying before the market closed"
- "A wave of emotion overcame her when she thought about her son who was killed in battle."
- flod [ bildligt ]
a progressive disturbance propagated without displacement of the medium itself
a hairdo that creates undulations in the hair A shape which alternately curves in opposite directions
To move back and forth repeatedly
- "The flag waved in the gentle breeze"