råvara i kemisk eller metallurgisk process
the quantity of unbalanced electricity in a body
- "the battery needed a fresh charge"
- "An electric charge"
- laddning [ elektricitet ]
(criminal law) a pleading describing some wrong or offense
- "he was arrested on a charge of larceny"
- "Criminal/rape/grave/serious/baseless/false charge"
- "You have the right to be informed of the charges against you"
the price charged for some article or service
- "What is the charge for overnight parking?"
- "the admission charge"
request for payment of a debt
- "they submitted their charges at the end of each month"
- debitering [ ekonomi ]
a quantity of explosive to be set off at one time
- "this cartridge has a powder charge of 50 grains"
- laddning [ vapen ]
- "A trumpet charge"
- "He was taken in charge by an uncle"
- "Islamic heraldry usually consisted of a single primary charge"
anfall med hästar
- "As soon as they made a charge we were ordered to support the artillery"
- "the battle began with a cavalry charge"
- "the wrestler's charge carried him past his adversary"
- chock [ militärväsen, vardagligt ]
- "The army of Gondor sounded their horns and charged off"
set or ask for a certain price
- "How much do you charge for lunch?" "This fellow charges $100 for a massage"
- "The bank charged for my car loan"
- "How much do you charge for a domain name?"
- ta betalt [ ekonomi ]
ge besked om
- "He charged them to tell no one"
juridik; används i domstolssammanhang
- "Upon request of the jury, the court later charged the law of conspiracy."
- redogöra för lagen [ juridik ]
- "We will charge your Master Card account"
- debitera [ ekonomi ]
- "My VISA account was charged with unauthorized charges from a company that sells credit reports."
- belasta [ ekonomi ]
- "The tragedy was charged to her inexperience"
- "She was charged with supervising the creation of a concordance"
- "The speaker charged up the crowd with his inflammatory remarks"
- ladda [ vapen ]
enter a certain amount as a charge pay with a credit card; pay with plastic money; postpone payment by recording a purchase as a debt
- "Will you pay cash or charge the purchase?"
- "he charged me $15"
- [ ekonomi ]
to make a rush at or sudden attack upon, as in battle: "he saw Jess charging at him with a pitchfork."
blame for, make a claim of wrongdoing or misbehavior against: "he charged me director with indifference"
- "Will I get charged for this service?" "We were billed for 4 nights in the hotel, although e stayed only 3 nights"
file a formal charge against
- "The suspect was charged with murdering his wife"
make an accusatory claim
- "The defense attorney charged that the jurors were biased"
load to capacity
- "charge the wagon with hay"
lie down on command, of hunting dogs
place a heraldic bearing on; of weapons, shields, and banners
impose a task upon, assign a responsibility to
- "He charged her with cleaning up all the files over the weekend"
instruct (a jury) about the law, its application, and the weighing of evidence
instruct or command with authority
- "The teacher charged the children to memorize the poem"
energize a battery by passing a current through it in the direction opposite to discharge
- "I need to charge my car battery"
- ladda [ ALLMÄNT ]
- "The room was charged with tension and anxiety"