a written symbol that is used to represent speech
- "the Greek alphabet has 24 characters"
- "A wildcard character is a character in computer terminology"
- "He wrote a character on the table"
- [ lingvistik ]
- "Our national character shall guide us as we wage this war"
- "The character of the soil in Uppland"
- "The character of the country and its fertility"
- "a strange character"
- "She is quite a character"
- [ vardagligt ]
the inherent complex of attributes that determine a persons moral and ethical actions and reactions: "educaton has for its object the formation of character"- Herbert Spencer
an actor's portrayal of someone in a play
- "It would change the character of such a residence"
- "A character actor"
- "acquired characters"
- "He had a character in the film"
- roll [ teater, film ]
a formal recommendation by a former employer to a potential future employer describing the person's qualifications and dependability
- "requests for character references are all to often answered evasively"
- referens [ allmänt ]
engrave or inscribe characters on