A written message addressed to a person or organization
- "a letter was sent to Mr Swanson"
- "wrote an indignant letter to the editor"
- "was it a love letter?"
- "by letter"
- brev [ post ]
the conventional characters of the alphabet used to represent speech
- "his grandmother taught him his letters"
- "small/big letters"
a strictly literal interpretation (as distinct from the intention)
- "he obeyed the letter of the law"
- "he followed instructions to the letter"
an award earned by participation in a school sport
- "he won letters in three sports"
- utmärkelse Ungefär
set down or print with letters
- skriva bokstäver
mark letters on or mark with letters
- utforma bokstäver
win an athletic letter, in sports
- vinna en utmärkelse