to move by lifting, pushing, taking off, etc.;
- "Remove the dirty dishes from the table"
- "remove a wrapper"
shift the position or location of, as for business, legal, educational, or military purposes
- "remove a case to another court"
- "Remove the troops to the forest surrounding the city"
- "He removed his children to the countryside"
- "considerations entirely removed (or remote) from politics"
- "a hideaway far removed from towns and cities"
- "a civilization ten centuries removed from modern times"