organisationsväsende styrelse föreningsväsende
- "the board has seven members"
- "suddenly the board lit up like a Christmas tree"
- "a feast was spread upon the board"
- "The board has seven members"
- "Every decision has to be passed by the board"
- "The school board was in charge of local public schools"
- "The puck bounced against the board"
- sarg [ byggnadskonst ]
- "The large boxes were made of board"
golvbräda; plural även bildl. teatern
- "Have you always wanted to tread the boards?"
- "There is a little rot in one of the floor boards"
- tilja [ teater ]
- "Grabbing the board of the boat, she turned to him"
- bordläggning [ sjöfart ]
a flat portable surface (usually rectangular) designed for board games
- "he got out the board and set up the pieces"
- "Chess board"
- "They played checkers with board and men that they had made themselves"
- bräde [ spel ]
a flat piece of material designed for a special purpose
- "he nailed boards across the windows"
a stout length of sawn timber; made in a wide variety of sizes and used for many purposes
- bräda [ snickeri ]
cover with wooden boards; secure
- "We boarded up the hole in the wall."
- [ snickeri ]
get on board of (trains, buses, ships, aircraft, etc.)
- "The solemn, gray passengers boarded the train."
lodge and take meals (at)
- "I need a place to board for a week."
provide food and lodging (for)
- "The old lady on the corner boards travellers in her home."
- ge mat och husrum