- "The bay is a fantastic evergreen tree"
- "Visitors must park their cars in the marked bays"
- parkeringsficka [ trafik ]
an indentation of a shoreline larger than a cove but smaller than an gulf
- "We sailed into a beautiful, secluded bay"
- "Seabirds, whales and dolphins in the bay of Biscay"
seasoning in stews and casserolles
- "It is easier to use dried bay leaf"
- lagerblad [ botanik ]
- [ botanik ]
a horse of a moderate reddish-brown color
- "A bay is a reddish brown horse"
- fux [ häst ]
- "It was the bay of a hound, thinned out by distance"
- skall [ hundar ]
a compartment on a ship between decks; often used as a hospital
- "they put him in the sick bay"
- hytt [ sjöfart ]
a compartment in an aircraft used for some specific purpose
- "he opened the bomb bay"
utter in deep prolonged tones
(used of animals especially a horse) of a moderate reddish-brown color
- rödbrun [ färg ]