A contest in which two or more persons or teams compete
- "I hope we'll win the big match on Sunday"
- "Tennis match, football match"
thin piece of wood or cardboard tipped with combustible chemical; ignites with frictiona
- "he always carries matches to light his pipe"
- tändsticka [ kemi, tobaksrökning ]
A person or thing equal to someone/something else
- "I was no match for him at running"
Something with a perfect fit
- "Anna and Peter make a perfect match"
- "that tie makes a good match with your jacket"
an exact duplicate of something
- "This table is a perfect match to the one at your place"
be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics be equal or harmonize make match or correspond or harmonize
- "Match my sweater"
- "The two pieces match"
put in a set possessing equal or harmonizing attributes, to cause to correspond
- "The company matched the employees' contributions"
- leva upp till