be cognizant or aware of a fact or a specific piece of information; possess certain knowledge or information; be aware of the truth of something; have a belief or faith in something; regard as true beyond any doubt
- "I know it's time"
- "I know that I left the key on the table"
- "Galileo knew that the earth moves around the sun"
- "I want to know who is winning the game!"
- "I know that the President lied to the people"
Know how to do or perform something have fixed in the mind
- "She always knows her homework"
- "The boy knew his lesson by heart"
- "He knows everything"
- "This student knows her irregular verbs"
- "I know Latin"
- "Do you know the poem well enough to recite it?"
- "I know karate."
be familiar or acquainted with a person or an object know the nature or character of perceive as familiar
- "I know this voice!"
- "we all knew her as a big show-off"
- "Do you know my sister?" "We know this movie"
- "She doesn't know this composer"
have firsthand knowledge of states, situations, emotions, or sensations
- "Have you ever known hunger?"