the act of demanding
- "the kidnapper's exorbitant demands for money"
- "We are not able to meet the demand"
- "there is a demand for jobs"
- "There is a growing demand for technology that is simpler to use"
- "The manager granted the employees' demands"
- "You can't give in to her demands all the time"
the ability and desire to purchase goods and services
- "the demand exceeded the supply"
- "the automobile reduced the demand for buggywhips"
- "Supply should rise to meet demand"
- "Supply and demand"
- efterfrågan [ ekonomi ]
- "The landowner can make a written demand for compensation"
The act of sending an accused person back into custody to await trial (or the continuation of the trial)
- återsändande till häkte
- "This dinner demands a spectacular dessert"
- "This position demands a lot of personal sacrifice"
lay legal claim to
summon to court
- inkalla [ juridik ]
ask to be informed of: "
- "I demand an explanation""