- "the post was still firm after being hit by the car"
- "holds a firm position as the country's leading poet"
- "a firm apple"
- "I seized his arm and held it in a firm grip."
- "It was my firm conviction, that we did the right thing."
- "Prices remain firm and look to remain that way."
- "He possessed a firm will to carry out his line"
- "The man was firm in his determination"
marked by firm determination or resolution; not shakable
- "a firm mouth"
- "firm convictions"
not soft or yielding to pressure
- "the snow was firm underfoot"
- "a firm mattress"
not subject to revision or change
- "a firm offer"
- "a firm contract"
(of especially a person's physical features) not shaking or trembling
- "his voice was firm and confident"
not liable to fluctuate or especially to fall
- "stocks are still firm"