a structure that has a roof and walls and stands more or less permanently in one place
- "Many new buildings and roads are built"
- "there was a three-story building on the corner"
- "The building was low, but covered an enormous area"
- "In the last five years the building in Berlin has reached a fevered pitch"
- "His hobby was the building of boats"
the occupants of a building
- "the entire building complained about the noise"
- hushåll [ hem och hushåll ]
physically construct something, either directly or by implication
- "I built this table myself."
- "They built houses out of sod on the prairies."
order, supervise, or finance the construction of
- "The government is building new schools in this state"
- uppföra [ byggnadskonst ]
give form to, according to a plan
- "build a modern nation"
- "build a million-dollar business"
- bygga upp
be engaged in building
- "These architects build in interesting and new styles"
found or ground
- "build a defense on nothing but the accused person's reputation"
develop and grow
- "Suspense was building right from the beginning of the opera"