- "The ice does not bear yet, I think"
- "I'll bear it in mind"
- "She has borne him four children"
- "The poor woman bore six children in five years"
- "Will he bear a grudge for ever?"
- "She couldn't bear to see the dog in pain"
- stå ut
bring forth, "The apple tree bore delicious apples this year"
- "The unidentified plant bore gorgeous flowers"
take on as one's own expenses or debts of another person
- "She agreed to bear the responsibility"
- ta över
have rightfully; of rights, titles, and offices
- "He held the governorship for almost a decade"
- "She bears the title of Duchess"