the outer boundary of an object or a material layer constituting or resembling such a boundary
- "there is a special cleaner for these surfaces"
- "the cloth had a pattern of red dots on a white surface"
the extended two-dimensional outer boundary of a three-dimensional object
- "the sun has no distinct surface"
- "a brush small enough to clean every dental surface"
- "they skimmed over the surface of the water"
the outermost level of the land or sea
- "three quarters of the Earth's surface is covered by water"
- "earthquakes originate far below the surface"
a superficial aspect as opposed to the real nature of something
- "it was not what it appeared to be on the surface"
on the surface
- "surface materials of the moon"
- "surface mining"
- dag- [ gruvdrift ]