cause to sound
- "sound the bell"
- "she sounded the instrument"
give off a certain sound or sounds: "This record sounds scratchy" appear in a certain way
- "This sounds interesting"
- låta [ musik ]
dive downwards, used of a whale
- "The whale sounded and eight hundred feet of heavy line streaked out of the line tub before he ended his dive."
having volume or depth
- "the sounding cataract haunted me like a passion - Wordsworth"
- "sounding brass and a tinkling cymbal"
making or having a sound as specified; used as a combining form