the activity of looking thoroughly in order to find something or someone
an investigation seeking answers
- "a thorough search of the ledgers revealed nothing" or "the outcome justified the search"
an operation that determines whether one or more of a set of items has a specified property
the examination of alternative hypotheses
- "his search for a move that would avoid checkmate was unsuccessful"
- granskning [ allmänt ]
boarding and inspecting a ship on the high seas
- "right of search"
Search for missing people
try to locate or discover, or try to establish the existence of
- "They are searching for the missing man in the entire county"
- "The police are searching for clues"
subject to a search
- "The police searched the suspect"
- "We searched the whole house for the missing keys"