showing profound and detailed knowledge and understanding as from long study
- "an intimate knowledge of criminal law"
indicating knowledge of personal details that only a close confidant could have
- "intimate details of their relationship"
- "an intimate biography"
involved in a sexual relationship
- "she had been intimate with many men"
- "the intimate (or sexual) relations between husband and wife"
thoroughly acquainted with through study or experience
- "this girl, so intimate with nature -W.H.Hudson"
closely interconnected or interrelated
- "the intimate relations...beween economics, politics, and legal principles - V.L.Parrington"