the process of shedding tears (usually accompanied by sobs or other inarticulate sounds)
- "I hate to hear a child crying"
proclaim or announce in public
- "He cried his merchandise in the market square"
- "before we had newspapers, a town cryer would cry the news"
shed tears because of sadness or pain bring into a particular state by crying
- "The little boy cried himself to sleep"
- "She cried bitterly when she heard the news of his death"
utter a characteristic sound
- "The cat was crying"
noisy with or as if with loud cries and shouts
- "the yelling fiend"
- "shouting fans"
- "a crying mass of rioters"