A person who resembles and stands in for another person, often for safety purposes someone who closely resembles a famous person (especially an actor)
- "he could be Gingrich's double"
- "his first job in Hollywood was as a double for Clark Gable"
- "Saddam Hussein was rumored to have many doubles"
a base hit on which the batter stops safely at second base
- "he hit a double to deep centerfield"
- träff till andra bas
a quantity that is twice as great as another
- "36 is the double of 18"
A drink with two portions of alcohol
A sharp turn, esp. a return on one's own tracks.
A ghostly apparition of a living person; doppelgänger
- "The population doubled within 50 years"
hit a two-base hit, in baseball
do double duty; serve two purposes or have two functions
- "She doubles as his wife and secretary"
consisting of or involving two parts or components usually in pairs
- "duple (or double) time consists of two (or a multiple of two) beats to a measure"
- "double doors"
- "a double (binary) star"
- "an egg with a double yolk"
twice as great or many
- "the dose is doubled"
- "ate a double portion"
Of time, twice as fast
Designed for two users.
- "a double room"
- "a double bed"
downward and forward
- "he was bent double with pain"
- "his eyes were double bright"
- "some people sleep better double"
- två och två